Who We Are
The Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics is a global not-for-profit 501c3 organization for scientists and individuals from all disciplines related to ocular pharmacology and its therapeutic applications.
AOPT has a diverse, multi-national membership composed of preclinical and clinical scientists, students, healthcare professionals and industry partners.
Members are from academic institutions, pharma and biotech industries, device companies, clinics and private practice.
To achieve its mission the society organizes biennial conferences and provides editorial leadership for the peer-reviewed Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics (JOPT).
The Board of Trustees strives to achieve global growth and reach of the society and to make the Board composition and committees representative of its membership.
Become a Member
Become a member and enjoy all the benefits.
- To serve as a global forum and network for the publication, dissemination and exchange of information and knowledge on treatments of eye diseases, from basic and clinical ocular pharmacology and therapeutics to related disciplines such as pharmacokinetics and dynamics, metabolism, translational research, safety, drug delivery, and pharmaceutic
- To promote the advancement of research and scientific progress in these fields
- To assist researchers and eye-care professionals in furthering their understanding of the treatment of ocular disorders
Nomination of Trustees
AOPT requests nominations for Trustee to serve on the AOPT Board.
- Nomination deadline is December 31.
- Ballots will go out in early January.
- Voting deadline is January 31.
- Election Results announced at the Biennial AOPT Business meeting,
Members may nominate themselves or one or more other members. Each nominee must provide a brief biographical sketch, how they have supported AOPT in the past and intend to do so if elected.
Nomination of AOPT Fellows
Eligibility for Fellows of the Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Membership (1 point/year)
- Abstract submission to the AOPT Congress (1 point)
- Paper submission to JOPT (2 points)
- Board service (1 point/year)
- JOPT reviews (1 point/review)
- Editorial Board service (1 point/year)
- Scientific program responsible for AOPT Congress (2 points)
Minimum requirement: 20 points
Method for selection of AOPT Fellows:
- Board of Directors appointment
Timing: AOPT fellows should be nominated by the end of each calendar year. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com
Deadline for Board of Directors nominations: 12/31
Schedule of AOPT Board of Trustees Meetings
The AOPT board of trustees meets monthly during the academic year.
The board of trustees holds an open meeting for all members during each of its biennial meetings. The agenda for the open meeting will be sent to all registered members of the AOPT. The next open meeting is scheduled March 2021 in Miami, Florida.
Additions to the agenda may be sent to secretary@AOPT.org.