Welcome to the Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
We are AOPT
The Association for Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics is a global not-for-profit 501c3 organization for scientists and individuals from all disciplines related to ocular pharmacology and its therapeutic applications.
AOPT has a diverse, multi-national membership composed of preclinical and clinical scientists, students, healthcare professionals and industry partners.
AOPT Fellows 2020
AOPT Trustee member vote 2021
- The Board of Trustees of AOPT is now open for new Members. Please read the bios of the candidates and select 8.
- This year there are 6 incumbents and 8 new nominees. Voting is by Google Docs. Any registered AOPT member is allowed to vote. Polls close Sunday, March 7 at 6 am, US Eastern Standard Time.
Please click link below for voting:
Voting ends on March 7 at 6 am US Eastern Standard Time
A. Duties of the Board
- Adopt rules, regulations, and policies as necessary to implement the bylaws
- Exercise all of the powers of AOPT including entering into contracts to fulfill its mission
- As needed, create and/or maintain on retainer temporary and permanent staff positions, which will report to the Board, and may include, but are not limited to a bookkeeper, attorney, and Journal Editor
- Conduct any lawful business in order to meet its contractual requirements From time to time appoint Ex-Officio members to the Board. Ex-Officio members may be entitled to attend and participate in meetings but are not entitled to any vote
B. Board Officers
The officers of AOPT are (a) a President, (b) a Vice-President (President-Elect), (c) the Immediate Past-President, (d) a Treasurer, and (e) a Secretary. One person may hold more than one office at one time except for the President.
The Board also may appoint one or more Assistant Secretaries and Assistant Treasurers and such other officers, assistant officers, and
agents as the Board shall from time to time deem necessary, who shall exercise such powers and perform such activities as shall be set forth in these bylaws or as determined from time to time by the Board.
C. Other Board Members
The Board shall have up to eight (8) Trustees and an ex officio member, the Journal Editor who is appointed by the Board following established procedures.
2019 AOPT meeting “BrightFocus Foundation” Travel Awardees with Preeti Subramanian (#7 from left), PhD, BrightFocus Director of Scientific Programs in Vision Science, and Shusheng Wang (#8 from left), PhD, AOPT-2019 organizer.
The mission of AOPT is to serve as a global forum and network for the publication, dissemination and exchange of information and knowledge on treatments of eye diseases, from basic and clinical ocular pharmacology and therapeutics to related disciplines such as pharmacokinetics and dynamics, metabolism, translational research, safety, drug delivery, and pharmaceutics.
To promote the advancement of research and scientific progress in these fields.
To assist researchers and eye-care professionals in furthering their understanding of the treatment of ocular disorders.
Get to know who we are and what we do.
become a member or renew
and enjoy all the benefits.